One Central Park West New York, NY 10023
Location. Location. Location. And it doesn’t get any better than this kid-friendly hotel in New York. Smack-bang outside central park – every child (and their parent’s) favourite playground in the city. Trump’s trump (quite literally) is their ‘Kids in the Kitchen’ package, which lets your little chef cook up a storm without having to worry about cleaning up the mess later. And once the kids are tucked in, tuck in at Jean George, the hotel’s famed three Michelin-starred restaurant. Who would have thought that one of Manhattan’s most prestigious (and luxurious) address would be this much fun!
- Baby cot.
- Bed rails.
- Baby bathtub.
- Bath toys.
- Bottle sterilizer.
- Bottle warmer.
- Child menu.
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (concierge can recommend services; fees vary).
- Every guestroom features fully equipped kitchens, perfect for travelling families.
- No designated pool for children. There is, however, an indoor, heated salt-water pool that families can use. The hotel organizes paid swimming lessons for kids at the pool too.
- Calling all master chefs in the making! The ‘Kids in the Kitchen‘ package is designed to encourage your little ones to unleash the master chef in them. This package offers overnight accommodation in an executive one-bedroom suite with a fully equipped kitchen. This package, in partnership with Williams-Sonoma, includes William-Sonoma Sugar Cookie Mix and all the ingredients needed to whip up a batch of yummy cookies mommy and daddy can truly be proud of. Plus embroidered Trump aprons for junior and you, Trump-branded spatula, cookie cutters and oven mitt along with a Williams-Sonoma Kids Cookbook.
It is also heartening to know that this package is truly about the children and Trump makes a $10 donation to the St. Jude Children’s Hospital for every package booked.
- A signature service at this hotel is to simply let the hotel know your food requirements (including items like baby food) and the Trump Attaché will stock your suite kitchen or guestroom prior to your arrival.
- Tiny treats! The Trump Kids Program includes special amenities such as a kiddie cocktail menu, Trump Kids t-shirts, knapsacks, colouring books with crayons, teddy bears and chocolates. Plus, gorgeous personalized kids’ stationary including letterheads, envelopes and business cards.
- Even though the hotel does not have a playground or kids’ club, it is located right across Central Park where there are playgrounds, ice-skating rinks, zoos, carousels and a lot more to keep children busy the whole day.
- For the not-so-little ones, PlayStation and Wii on request.
- Child DVDs available.
- Michelin missing? Worry not for 3 Michelin-starred Jean George is located inside the home. 24-hour in-room dining by Jean Georges is also available.
- Like the rest of the hotel, the spa too is a cut above.
- Junior won’t let you step out? Celebrate a special occasion with a chef preparing a gourmet meal in your in-suite kitchen and serving it course by course.
- Suitcases stuffed with the kid’s stuff? Worry not for the hotel’s signature wellness program – Travel Fit – provides guests with complimentary on-site loan of workout gear and footwear from Under Armor.
- Parent’s who can’t leave the wee ones alone can also request for light workout equipment in their rooms.
- Hands down one of the best locations in the city. Across Central Park, next to Columbus Circle and Time Warner building and a few minutes away from the famed 5th Avenue – you really can’t ask for more in the city, even if you tried.
- JFK airport – 29 km.
- Newark airport – 29 km.
- LaGuardia airport – 19 km.
- 176 guest rooms & suites with fully equipped kitchens.
- 2 restaurants.
- Swimming pool.
Travelling to New York? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here