768 5th Ave,New York, NY 10019,United States
Given that this iconic Fifth Avenue hotel faces Central Park (and the Central Park Zoo) which comes with a long list of family-friendly activities, your kids might just never want to leave. That is, of course, even before they realize that here they can live the life of Eloise, their favourite story book character or get knighted for their bravery. You, on the other hand, will lap up the white-gloved service at this 108 year old, registered New York City landmark that has been featured in movies like Breakfast At Tiffany’s and housed guests like The Beatles. You want more?
- Baby cot.
- Bath toys.
- Child bathrobe and slippers.
- Child menu.
- Child toiletries.
- Doctor on call.
- Interconnecting rooms.
- Babysitting services (4 hour minimum service; $25/hr)
- The Eloise Experience
Eloise is a series of children’s books written in the 1950s by Kay Thompson. Eloise is also the fictional heroine of the book who lived in the Plaza Hotel. Now The Plaza is committed to giving young girls an unforgettable Eloise experience.This kid-friendly experience begins with a stay at the Eloise Suite, designed by renowned fashion designer Betsey Johnson. The suite, comprising of two rooms (one for little Eloises and one for parents) is designed in shades of pink, gold, black and white and has Eloise’s name scribbled in neon lights above the bed. The room comes with Eloise DVDs, Eloise books, a tea set, Eloise and Weenie dolls, Eloise robes, $100 gift card to the Eloise Shop and more.
Head down to the Eloise Shop, a big hit with the kids. The Fashion Room is filled with Eloise costumes, a stage and lots of mirrors for walking the catwalk when trying on clothes. There also sits an adorable pink piano, should your little darling want to belt out some songs.
At the Library Room, kids can watch their favorite Eloise movie clips or have Elosie stories read to them.
Don’t leave without visiting the Tea Room for a Rawther Fancy Elosie Tea Party held on most Fridays from 4-5 pm ($50 per child; $50 per adult; reservations are a must).
Tuck into treats like pink lemonade, tea sandwiches, brownies, cup cakes, fruit kebabs and cookies served on gorgeous Eloise plates. This is followed by letter writing to Eloise, story time and a gift.
The Plaza hosts a number of child-friendly Elosie centric events around the year. These include Hollywood acting classes, ballet classes, yoga classes, dance classes, dessert making and much more (complete list of events is posted month-wise on The Plaza website).
- The Knights of The Plaza Package
The Knights of The Plaza experience begins when the staff knights the kids with a sword (you get to keep the sword too!) in the medieval looking Tower Suite . “Young children who have demonstrated bravery and prowess on the battlefield”, is read out from a scroll to the little guests. To their sheer delight, the little knight is greeted as ‘Sir’ by the staff at the hotel for their entire stay. Did I mention a closet full of knight costumes and accessories, picnic lunch at Belvedere Castle in Central Park and a gift bag?
- Children DVDs for rental.
- Complimentary children’s bikes for rental.
- Hotel can organize in-room pizza parties.
- Welcome amenities for children like chocolate NYC taxi, chocolate Empire State Building and Big Apple candied apple are available for purchase.
- The Plaza Food Hall and The Todd English Food Hall located at the lower level ensure something for every palette in the family.
- Complimentary drop-off service (9 am to 9 pm) for hotel guests to anywhere within a 10 block radius of the hotel.
- La Palestra, the Frank Gehry–designed wellness centre at The Plaza.
- Flagship location of much-celebrated stylist Edward Tricomi and colorist Joel Warren’s Warren-Tricomi salon.
- The Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa at the hotel uses vinotherapie or therapy using wine-based ingredients for its treatments. Expect crushed Cabernet scrubs, Merlot wraps and fresh grape pedicures. And a glass of wine – on the house – of course!
- Revel in the world of luxury shopping on Fifth Avenue.
- Unbeatable loaction – right on Fifth Avenue.
- JFK Airport – 23.8 km.
- LaGuardia Airport – 15.7 km.
- Newark Airport – 27.6 km.
- 282 rooms & suites
- 2 restaurants
- 1 bar
- Wellness Centre
Mandy’s Tip: Parent’s looking for some toys of their own will be thrilled with the famous Fifth Avenue Apple store across the road.