Jalan Tanjung Rhu 07000 Langkawi, Malaysia
The Four Seasons Langkawi is only for honeymooners? I thought so too. That is, of course, before my son had his only rose petal covered outdoor bubble bath (complete with honey and yogurt for dipping fruits) organized by the spa, the resort boat took us to the mangroves to watch eagle feeding sessions and we discovered its fantastic kids’ club. What say now? Family-friendly?
- Baby cot.
- Bottle warmer.
- Bottle sterilizer.
- Baby bathtub.
- Child toiletries.
- Child bathrobe and slippers.
- High chair.
- Child menu.
- Cookies, milk and toy in room on arrival.
- Baby-sitting services (MYR 45/hr; minimum 3 hours).
- A private beach with great sand and some of the best shells we have ever collected. The water, however, wasn’t particularly clear.
- A large family-friendly pool that comes with varying depths, fountains, underwater jets and waterfalls. Poolside treats like Frozen Chocolate Mango Bon Bons and fruit popsicles are such a treat under the hot sun!
- Spa offers manicures, pedicures, haircuts and other kid-friendly spa treatments for children.
On request, the spa organized an outdoor tutti-frutti bubble bath for my son, right in our villa. It came with rose petals, bubble guns, fruits, honey, yogurt and baby lotion – the works!
4. Children aged 4 and below enjoy complimentary food & beverages during their stay.
5. The resort Geopark Discovery Centre (GDC) will help pique your little one’s curiosity about the 550-million-year-old natural wonders of Southeast Asia’s first UNESCO Geopark flanking the resort.
6. The Kids’ for All Seasons kids’ club comes with its own outdoor playground, not to mention a long list of fun activities that include batik painting, treasure hunts, map making, kite making and flying, cooking classes, nature excursions and kids’ yoga led by the resort’s resident yogi.
Kids can journey in a boat for an hour-long (parent-free) Mangroves & Monkeys Safari to the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park with the resort’s swamp skipper, only to witness hundreds of macaque monkeys that dwell in these mangroves.
Experienced staff can lead the kid’s through mini-rock climbing, abseiling and archery.
Every morning, families can get up close and personal with horses at the ‘Meet the Pony’ session organized by the kids’ club on the beach. Little equestrians will love the daily rope-guided pony rides on the resort.
7. Long list of family-friendly activities include cooking classes for the family, nature walks, cycling excursions and more. We absolutely loved our boat ride with the resort’s in-house naturalist who took us into the heart of the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park where we witnessed the once-in-a-lifetime eagle feeding sessions.
8. The family beach house, as the name suggests, is perfect for families and can accommodate up to 6. Features include a private plunge pool, a reflecting pond, a large outdoor deck, two large living areas and a four-man spa bath.
The beach is just a few steps away, perfect for sandcastle building and bonfires. The deck was just made for lounging on the daybeds or in-villa barbeques.
The children’s bedroom comes with Playstation & Xbox games as well as beach toys, sandcastle making kits and board games.
- Adults looking for some ‘me’ time will love the Adult Quiet Pool with its eight private walled cabanas and treats like margarita ice-moulded shot glasses. A poolside spa menu for added bliss!
- The Geo-Spa’s award-winning Raja and Ratu (King and Queen) couple’s ritual, which concludes with a traditional blessing ceremony, uses local essential oils and is a must – experience for all mommies and daddies.
- Destination dining around the resort – Rajasthani tent for two on the beach, private beachfront cabana or a wooden pavilion in the centre of a large reflecting pond. You pick!
- With the little ones under the watchful eye of babysitters, let the resort pack you a picnic and set the two of you off on the Wondrous Waterfalls tour to swim in three stunning natural pools on the island.
- Airport – 20 km
- City centre – 20.3 km
- Beachfront property
- Private beach
- 3 Restaurants
- 1 Bar
- 2 Swimming pools