200 Moo 3 T.Nongtalay A.Muang, Krabi
If there is one thing we learnt after our stay at the very family-friendly Sofitel, Krabi, it’s that kids rule here. Visits by baby elephants, kids’ movies by the pool, rooms from where you can dive straight into the pool, golf lessons for kids, fantastic kids’ club, roaming mascots – all trying to make sure your kids never want their family-holiday to end. And since happy kids make happy parents, whose complaining?!?
- Baby cot
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Baby bathtub
- Child menu
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services
- The swimming pool (touted as the largest in Thailand), with water slides and a fun mushroom shaped a waterfall, was a runaway hit. Hotel also gave out pool balls, foam noodles and pool toys. And if that weren’t enough, you would see the staff scurrying around with complimentary coconut water and lil fruit kebabs by the poolside.
- Movies galore! Given the high season, the hotel had organized super-fun movie evenings featuring a kids’ movie, followed by a family movie. I’m talking the full experience, complete with a big screen, hammocks, popcorn and candy floss.
- This kid-friendly resort is home to a fantastic kids’ club, at the centre of which sits an elaborate playground. Inside you will find toys, books, games, little ride-ons, play equipment and padded sections for toddlers. For the older lot, there are computers, gaming consoles, table tennis and foosball. To top it all, an adorable sleeping room with little beds for those tiny bodies to recover for their next round of mayhem! The kids’ club organizes a bunch of activities every day, including cookie decorating, batik, Thai boxing and archery. Golf lessons for kids are immensely popular, where they are driven to the course in golf carts.
- Spacious rooms, all with private balconies. Get your self a swim-up room if bed to pool is your thing.
- This hotel does not have direct access to the beach and is separated by a little road. The beach is a public one and the water isn’t the clearest. However, it does have separate section for the hotel. The hotel offers water sport facilities at the beach.
- The food at the resort catered completely to the kids with lots of variety for them. For the adults, however, we were disappointed with both the quality and the unlike-Thailand pricing.
- So SPA featuring L’OCCITANE products – a brand I’m completely in love with!
- Work on that swing on the 9-hole golf course.
- Rooms with lounge access means truly happy hours in the evening, with free flowing alcohol and food that even the kids can dig into. Such a lovely add on!
- Krabi International Airport – 26 km
- 276 rooms & suites
- 4 Restaurants
- 2 Bars
- Swimming pool
- Tennis Court
- Golf Course
- Health Club
Mandy’s Tip: The resort is only 10 minutes from Hong Island, known for its white sand and tiffany-blue waters, all accessible by the resort’s private speedboat. Pack a picnic and you have yourself a family-friendly afternoon like no other.
Travelling mom Somy Srini contributed parts of this review.
Travelling to Thailand? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here