Jalan Ir.H. Djuanda No.390, Bandung, Indonesia
A good weekend escape from Jakarta (Bandung is 120 km from Jakarta), this recently renovated hotel, located on the slopes at Dago valley, has some great activities for kids and very good service. So if riding horses is your kid’s thing, you might want to check out this family-friendly hotel on a weekend.
- Baby cot
- Child menu
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- The supervised kids’ club (8 am-5 pm) is stocked with movies, books, toys and craft supplies. There are game consoles like PlayStation and Wii for older kids. Kids 4 years and above can be dropped off, but younger kids need to be accompanied by an adult.A variety of supervised activities are organized here throughout the day. The kids’ club is surrounded by a big lawn perfect for outdoor games and sports (when it’s not too hot) and an adjoining playground with slides and a climbing gym.During the weekends and public holidays, there is horse riding for kids. While we were there, 3 local horses were brought in and depending on their ability, the kids (and some adults too!) were able to ride accompanied or on their own.We visited over Chinese New Year, so were treated to a lion dance too.
- Two outdoor pools, including a smaller and shallower pool for the toddlers. Pools rely on the sun for heating, so are pretty chilly in the cooler months.
- The breakfast buffet (included in most rates) and dinner (additional charge) are very elaborate, with tasty food. The kids loved the made to order churros for dessert! Kids under 4 years eat free and there are many kid-friendly food options. Sunday brunch features a kids’ corner with fun activities.
- We had access to the Club Lounge, home to very good happy hours and evening snacks. The food was filling and the drinks were free flowing and complimentary. There was a live food station every night – the kids’ favorite was pancake (with all the toppings) night.
- Shine Spa & Sauna.
- Bandung is 120 km from Jakarta
- Husein Sastranegara Airport – 6 km
- 156 Rooms & suites
- 1 Restaurant
- 1 Bar
- 2 Pools
- Fitness centre
Mandy’s Tip: About 30 minutes from the hotel, we LOVED the floating market. The kids fed bunnies, enjoyed the model trains, took a water taxi, played games and a whole lot more. There were hawker type boats to buy food from (my older one loved the steamed Chinese buns decorated like cartoon animals) as well as casual restaurants. There is also a theme park in Bandung, Trans Studio Bandung, which is modeled after Universal Studios. My kids were too young to go, but it looked great.
Travelling mum Lisa Harris contributed parts of this review.