101 Siloso Road, Sentosa, 098970, Singapore
Singapore’s only beachfront resort is also Singapore’s only resort where I had peacocks and enormous monitor lizards join me for breakfast, right on my table. And yes, the kids were thrilled! Whatever little energy was left after trying to catch our ‘breakfast buddies’ was zapped out between all the features at this kid-friendly resort in Sentosa, including three water slides, the flying trapeze and a stellar kids’ club, giving me just about enough time to iron out the kinks at Chi, The Spa. Phew!
- Baby cot
- Baby bathtub
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Child menu
- Child toiletries
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (SGD 10/child/hour for a minimum of three hours; Additional SGD 30 after 11 pm; 24 hours notice required)
- Designated pool for children with 3 water slides under a canopy for that extra protection from the scorching Singapore sun. Add a splash pad and another shallow pool for young swimmers. The kids were in aqua haven!
- Ice cream bar by the poolside – yipeeeee!
- An outdoor playground with slides, seesaw and merry-go-round.
- Beachfront resort where hotels guests have direct access to Siloso Beach. One must know, however, that just like the rest of the Sentosa island where the hotel is located, the beach is a man made one and one should not expect or compare it to some of the other grander beaches one is used to in Asia.
- Koi pond where kids can spend hours feeding the goldfish (I know mine did).
- Family-friendly features like complimentary filtered water and ice machines on every floor.
- Mamas (with messy kids) will love the laundry machines on every alternate floor (a full load of washing and drying costs SGD 15).
- Most guests would have their breakfast at Silver Shells Café that caters to all age groups and has a separate kids’ buffet. It even comes with a separate (and complimentary) baby zone which is stocked with jars of Gerber and Heinz baby foods and purees, as well as HIPP juices. Here you will also find other (complimentary) essentials like wet wipes, diapers, bottle sterilizer and warmer, microwave and baby cutlery.
- Child-friendly Trapizza Italian restaurant set on the beach with a separate kids’ section where the little ones can decorate their own pizza. The restaurant has its own playground on the sand for them to jump around while parents can enjoy their meal in peace.
- Sit at the very edge of the South China Sea at Atmosphere by the sea restaurant that hosts the Sunday Garden Party every Sunday from noon to 3 pm where, apart from a sumptuous buffet for the adults, there is also a children’s buffet and a gelato counter. In addition, balloon sculpting, a magic show and roving musicians keeps them entertained for hours.
- Fun activities like the flying trapeze and rock climbing.
- The resort is located very close to Universal Studios and a number of other family-friendly attractions on Sentosa Island. Complimentary Bus 1 runs from right outside the resort and leaves at regular intervals, dropping off guests at Universal Studios and other attractions (brings them back as well). Complimentary shuttle service every 20 minutes (9 am – 11:40 pm) to VivoCity Mall.
- Cool Zone (9:30 am-9 pm) is the resort’s fantastic kids’ club, from where the kids didn’t were never ready to leave. It actually consists of two separate clubs. The first, Mini Toots Club (kids under 5) is complimentary and offers two really fun filled rooms for the little ones. The first room comes equipped with an adorable coin-operated carousel for the kids to ride. There is also a reading corner stocked with books, a ball pool, games, puzzles and more. The second room is a soft play area with bridges, tunnels, slides, ball pools and giant blocks that toddlers will absolutely love! Both children and parents are required to wear socks in this room, so it is also very hygienic.
The second, Toots club (children between 5-12 years) does not allow parents. The highlight of this club is the multi-storied tree-house slide which the kids slid down (what really felt like) a million times! There is also a music corner, ball pool, Wii, games, puzzles and books. The activities at the Toots Club revolve around a theme (Pirate Tuesday, Zoo Thursday etc.) that changes daily. These include tug-of-wars, build-a-boat, putting, pool Olympics, face painting and aquatic acrobats.
Note: In addition, the cool zone also houses an art and craft room that is stocked with all kinds of craft utilities and children of all ages can indulge in art and craft activities. Access to this room is complimentary. One can also enjoy a game of table tennis set outside the cool zone.
- The Chi Spa, a complete adult pampering zone.
- Quiet adults-only area at the extreme end of the swimming pool.
- Beachfront property
- Changi International Airport – 27 km
- 454 rooms & suites
- 5 restaurants
- 2 bars
- 2 swimming pools
Mandy’s Tip: The entire resort, including the rooms, appears a tad tired and is in need of refurbishment. There is, nonetheless, lots to do, in and around the resort.