Na moru 1, 20236, Dubrovnik, Croatia
Did someone ask stunningly built into a hill on the Croatian coast and 11 km from UNESCO world heritage city of Dubrovnik? Hills on one side and little islands dotting turquoise waters on the other? Spacious, modern rooms with kitchenettes, super fun kids club, private beach, three fresh water pools and more? Yes, yes and yes! Sounds like the perfect spot for that luxury family holiday? Well, we spent an entire week here and yes, it really was. And wait! On departure day, we asked for a late check out and they gave us the room till 6pm!!! We’re definitely coming back!
- Baby cot
- Bottle sterilizer
- Baby bathtub
- Child menu
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (Only from mid-May to mid-Sept; 20/hr from 8 am – 11 pm; must book 5 days in advance)
- Standard hotel rooms or the very family-friendly residences that come with kitchenettes and a sitting area – you decide! We stayed at the residences which are very clean, modern apartments and so cozy that we had no problem just chilling in there from time to time. A sea view made it that much better!
- The hotel has a beachfront, but a pebble beach though. The sea is crystal clear but rocky and you’d need water shoes since there are lots of sea hedgehogs. Water sports available too.
- 3 gorgeous outdoor pools looking out to the Adriatic Sea, including 2 family-friendly ones that come with mushroom shaped fountains and water slides.
- The kids’ club (15th May to 15th Sept; 10:30 am – 9:30 pm) was super fun, had very friendly staff and my kids frequently asked to join. They have a separate set of activities for 3-6 year old and a different set for 7-11 year olds. There is a different set of activities for tens too. Kid-friendly activities range from pool games, mini Olympics and scavenger hunts to bowling, wall climbing and hockey. They have evening programs too (chargeable) from 7:30 pm -9:30 pm for parents who want a quite evening.It is worth mentioning that the kids’ club closes between 12:30 pm-3 pm. While I understand it’s lunchtime, I still think it’s the most convenient time to put your child in the kids club, given that the sun is strongest then. While the kids’ club is shut for 8 months of the year, an outdoor playground is available throughout the year.
- Dining options galore! The brick-oven pizzas at Italian restaurant La Pasta were really good and The Butcher restaurant was fantastic, both with service and food. We weren’t as impressed with Cilantro restaurant and found it quite pricey. There is a supermarket on the premises which is very convenient for basic necessities and freshly baked pastries.
- The old town in Dubrovnik is gorgeous and really a must see. The hotel is about a 25-minute drive from the old town and taxis cost about 30 euros one-way. The hotel has a shuttle bus and boat service (chargeable) that is cheaper but they fill up very fast.
- Sport buffs and older kids will love the sports centre, featuring everything from squash courts, tennis courts, soccer court, gym, climbing wall to a sports bar and more.
- Award winning The Spa by Occo featuring coal sauna, salt sauna, hammam, aromatherapy steam room, Thalassotherapy spa bath and more.
- Adult-only outdoor pool with poolside bars to go!
- Distance from Dubrovnik International Airport – 35 km
- 201 Rooms & suites
- 207 Residences
- 10 Restaurants
- 7 Bars
- 6 Pools
Mandy’s Tip: This resort has quite a few steps, so it might not be the most convenient with strollers. I did, though, manage to spot one ramp! The Wi-Fi is worth mentioning as it is exceptionally good almost everywhere.
Travelling mom & luxury family hotel reviewer Rana Gayed contributed parts of this review