Village Khilchipur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore, Rajasthan
I can (very) proudly claim that I saw 5 tigers at the Ranthambhore National Park. Simply because this hotel sits right outside the park (one of the best tiger reserves of India) and I was able to take 3 safaris. Built like a royal hunting palace, the interiors and exteriors of this luxury family-friendly hotel will leave you speechless. In fact, I can’t remember sitting on horse saddles at a bar before….
- Baby Cots (on request)
- Rollaway beds
- Doctor on call
- The hotel sat right outside the Ranthambhore Wildlife Sanctuary, home to many animals like leopards, hyenas, antelopes, impalas, many birds, snakes and deer. Most importantly the glorious Bengal Tigers. On our drive into the property, we saw several local deer (our guide called them tiger food) called Blue Buck.
- Our kids were delighted with the many animals on the hotel grounds, including an aviary with birds and a bunny hatch.
- Very spacious rooms, some with stunning views of the national park.
- Huge lawns for kids to run around in. We stayed here over Easter Sunday and the staff very sweetly helped us hide Easter eggs for the kids.
- 3 outdoor swimming pools including a child-friendly 2-feet deep pool.
- The hotel arranges many different experiences on request. Over our 4 days here, we went on 3 Tiger safaris, a camel cart tour and a cooking class.
- The hotel organizes complimentary family-friendly entertainment every evening including local music and dancing, tiger movies and daily high tea.
- Spa on site
- The hotel sits right outside the Ranthambhore National Park, one of India’s best tiger reserves.
- Jaipur Airport – 150 km
- 80 Rooms
- 2 Restaurants
- 1 Bar
- 3 Swimming Pool
Mandy’s Tip: This hotel has amazing staff, which was very well organized during an emergency. During our stay, my daughter hit her head on the hard marble floor and we wanted to see a doctor at once. The staff was very efficient in getting us to a doctor’s clinic immediately, and arranged for our guide and driver to meet us there. They gave us great moral support and every staff member checked in on our daughter the next day.
Travelling mom Lisa B contributed parts of this review.
Travelling to India? Check out our other fabulous family-friendly hotels here