18 Chak Cheung Street, Sha Tin, New Territories Hong Kong, China
Overlooking the mountains of Sha Tin (a fast growing town in the New Territories), this family-friendly resort is seemingly ‘away-from-it-all’ but really only 20-minutes from Central Hong Kong. Its resort-style kids club is hard to come by anywhere else in space-starved Hong Kong. Its long list of activities for children, designated kiddie pool and spa catering to little ones makes it a clear winner with its youngest guests.
- Baby cot.
- Baby bathtub.
- Bottle sterilizer.
- Child bathrobe and slippers.
- Child toiletries.
- Child menu.
- Child cutlery.
- Interconnecting rooms for families are available.
- Babysitting services are available (HK$ 300 for 3 hours).
- Children DVDs for rental.
- Melo Spa, licensed to treat children from age five, is a family-friendly haven overlooking mountains, where mother and daughter or father and son can come to reconnect with nature and each other.
The Melo Kid’s menu includes treatments such Dainty Feet Foot Massage, Mini Mani and Sensitive Soothing Facial, using products appropriate for delicate skin.
- Designated pool for children.
- The kids’ club – Camp Hyatt – is a year-round activity centre for children under the age of 12, offering a wide range of activities and adventures that are intermingled with different learning experiences. These include creative drawing, origami, Chinese calligraphy, fab badge making, balloon twisting, sports and adventure TV games. All activities are supervised by trained counsellors.
Open a whopping 14 hours daily, from 8 am to 10 pm, there are options of hourly (HK$ 180), 4-hour (HK$ 650 including a light meal) and 9-hour (HK$ 1200 including two light meals) programmes at Camp Hyatt.
- Grab some bikes from the hotel and set off with the family for a scenic ride along Tolo Harbour.
- Enjoy an alfresco afternoon tea and mountain views, while the kids live it up at the kids’ club, at Café’s outdoor terrace. Alternatively, relish authentic Dongguan and northern Chinese cuisine in a lively show kitchen at restaurant Sha Tin 18. Or enjoy a live band and signature pomelo cocktails at Tin Tin Bar.
- Distance to international airport is 39.8 km.
- 427 rooms and 132 long stay suites.
- 2 restaurants; 2 bars; 1 patisserie.
- 2 swimming pools.