Piazza della Repubblica 7, Florence, 50123, Italy
It struck me how centrally located this 1893 family-friendly hotel is when I heard the sound of bells ringing next door at the Duomo. Sitting majestically on the historic café-lined Piazza della Repubblica, Uffizi Gallery, River Arno, Ponte Vecchio and Pitti Palace are within walking distance, as are ultra-hip streets like Via Roma and Via Tornabuoni that house some of the biggest names in fashion. An antique wooden carousel, dating back to the beginning of the 20th century is located right across the hotel and an absolute treat for kids (and sometimes adults too). The hotel’s award-winning Pinocchio Experience acknowledges Florence as the birthplace of Pinocchio. The kids are sorted! Honestly, so are you.
- Baby cot
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Baby bathtub
- Glow lamp
- Motion mobile
- Child menu
- Child toiletries
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services(€25 for up to 2 children/hour).
- Complimentary bath time accessories for your wee ones, including a temperature tester, rubber ducks, hooded towels, anti-slip bath mats and more.
- For travelling babies, Hotel Savoy provides complete nappy changing facilities including nappies, nappy cream, wet wipes, nappy changing mats, as well as glowlights and nightlights.
- All meals for babies are complimentary.
- At night, your kids will lap up the Whale Teddy Turndown Service (for those who didn’t know, Beatrice the whale is the hotel’s mascot for children). Gingerbread men and milk are left by their bedside as they get ready to call it a night on their themed bed linen.
- Gaming consoles like Wii, X-box 360, PlayStation 2 as well as content protected Wi-Fi are available in the rooms on request.
- Upon check-in, kids are presented with their own check-in and comment cards, colouring books, a factsheet highlighting unique activities for kids around Florence and the very special Families R Forte passport which gives kids a chance to win free stays at hotels.
- Children are entitled to a 50% discount off all kids’ meals from the kids’ menu, including in-room dining menu.
- Magazines, books and newspapers for kids, on request.
- Florence happens to be the birthplace of Pinocchio, the well-known abstract story of the little puppet whose nose grew longer every time he lied.
Hotel Savoy has put together an award-winning Pinocchio Experience for kids. During a three-hour children’s workshop, each child decorates a piece of wood with typical Florentine artisan skills, drawing inspiration from the story of Pinocchio.
After the workshop (€260 for a child), the objects are finished professionally, which the children get to take back home.Note: The Pinocchio Experience is available from Monday to Saturday throughout the year from March onwards – not available throughout the month of August.
- Many family-friendly packages. Please check hotel website for details.
- The hotel is happy to organize a number of child-friendly and family-friendly activities outside the hotel. Some of these are:
- Pizza Making
- Gelato Making
- A 1 ½ hour barcetto (typical Florentine boat) cruise on the River Arno
- Kids will love riding the antique carousel in Piazza della Republica, right across the hotel. This antique 20th century wooden carousel, with 20 horses and two gilded carriages.
- Both Brunelleschi and Signoria suites come with with a private Turkish Bath, chromotherapy and aromatherapy facilities.
- Discover Florentine life on the hotel’s stylish bicycles by iconic Danish bicycle brand Velorbis.
- In-room spa treatments available for parents who can’t leave their kids alone.
- Taste Florence, a culinary excursion through Florence put together by celebrated Italian chef Fulvio Pierangelini, which includes cooking lessons, Tuscan meals and a whole lot more for food lovers.
- Given that Florence is where the world’s first opera was written, The Savoy offers opera singing classes.
- The hotel also offers an art class, which includes a three-hour lesson in drawing or painting and a guided visit to the Uffizi Gallery.
- Mommies and daddies can shop till they drop at streets like Via Roma and Via Tornabuoni, havens for designer shopping.
- Located on the historic Piazza della Repubblica, major tourist attractions like Duomo, Uffizi Gallery, Arno River, Ponte Vecchio and Pitti Palace are within walking distance, as are the streets of Via Roma and Via Tornabuoni that house some of the biggest names in fashion.
- Florence International Airport – 7.6 km.
- 102 rooms
- 1 restaurant cum bar
Mandy’s Tip:For families, the entry-level Classic Rooms might not do the trick and they might want to opt for larger Deluxe ones.
Travelling to Italy? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here