301, route de Lausanne, 1293 Bellevue, Geneva,Switzerland
I was told this hotel was around Lake Geneva but was blown to see it sitting smack bang on it! That was before I saw a private Venetian boat to whisk me across the lake, an outdoor playground, ice skating rink, kids’ club, Geneva’s largest spa and four fantastic restaurants? Unfortunately, not in the heart of the city, but three miles from it, I discovered all this and a whole lot more at the gorgeous family-friendly La Reserve. And Oh, a life-size elephant in the lobby anyone?
- Baby cot
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Baby bathtub
- Child menu
- Child bathrobe and slippers
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (CHF 45/child/hour and CHF 50/two children/hour)
- Children DVDs for rental
- In-room PlayStation available upon request
- Gauge my surprise when I stumbled into a kids’ club, an absolute rarity in space-starved Geneva. La Petite Reserve (9 am – 6 pm) sits adjacent to the spa where children six months to 13 years of age can be dropped off. This child-friendly space is equipped with a diaper changing station, soft pad for little kids to play, toys, games, puzzles, books,a coloring station and more.
- Spa treatments for children above 14 years of age
- A good ol’ fashioned open-air playground, complete with a tree house, a wooden obstacle course, swings, slides, a climbing frame and more. Reminded me of my sunny afternoons as a child!
- Outdoor pool that offers swimming and diving lessons for kids.In addition, a stunning spa pool is open to kids above 14 years
- Winter Wonderland! Fortunate to be visiting in the winter (November to mid-March), I got to take a quick spin on Geneva’s largest (and perhaps most stunning) private ice skating rink, in the hotel! Better yet, use of ice skates is complimentary and skating lessons can be booked in advance.
- Two tennis courts with year-round tennis school for children.
- Kid-friendly ground level rooms that come with garden access.
- Every family’s dream come true – a lakefront villa with a private garden, wading pool, two bedrooms, dining room, kitchen and even a helper’s room!
- During summer and spring, the hotel’s private boat takes guests to the city centre every 30 minutes.
- During school holiday months, the hotel organizes summer camp for kids where they indulge in tennis classes, watersports and other activities.
- A hard-not-to-fall-in-love-with spa, incidentally also Geneva’s largest.
- Journey to Geneva’s swanky city centre by an equally stylish, complimentary boat transfer.
- Lakeside hotel
- Geneva International Airport – 4.3 km
- Distance to Geneva city centre is less 5 km
- 102 rooms & suites
- 4 restaurants
- 1 bar
- 2 pools
- 2 tennis courts
- Outdoor playground
Mandy’s Tip: If you’re looking for a hotel right in the heart of the city, this one is not for you – it is over three miles from the city centre. The subway is a few minutes walk and hotel guests are given complimentary full day passes. Plus, with complimentary transfers by a private (and gorgeous) boat across the lake to the heart of Geneva, whose complaining!
Travelling to Europe? Check out other fabulous family-friendly hotels here