Jl. MH Thamrin 1, 10310 Jakarta, Indonesia
The kids hung out in a tree house at the Little VIP Playground, while we sipped champagne and indulged in some serious savoring at Kempinski’s weekend brunch. Fortunately, post brunch calories are never an issue here! This family-friendly hotel is connected to Asia’s largest mall – the luxe Grand Indonesia – with over 6 hectares of shopping, dining and entertainment options for the entire family. Hotel guests can also access Plaza Indonesia, yet another mall with lots of kid-friendly entertainment. Did someone say shopping?
- Baby cot
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Hypoallergenic baby blanket & pillow
- Changing mat & diaper pail
- Kids bathrobes & slippers
- Kids toiletries & bath toys
- Child menu
- Car seat
- Doctor on call & in-house clinic
- Interconnecting rooms
- Baby sitting services (IDR 125,000/hr; must be booked 3 nights prior to arrival)
- Rooftop swimming pool surrounded by lush greenery.
- The Kempinski Little VIP indoor playground (access through Signatures restaurant) has slides, toys, books, DVD and game consoles and is open through breakfast, lunch and dinner. For once, we were able to enjoy their meals and keep an eye on the kids!
During weekend brunches, there are art and craft activities conducted by the hotel staff.
- Direct access to the very kid-friendly Grand Indonesia mall which is chock-full of entertainment for the kids including playgrounds, movie theatres, climbing walls, soft play, indoor kids’ gyms and even a dancing fountain with a light show every 30 minutes.
- Access to Plaza Indonesia which is home to Minneapolis, a mini city designed for children, encasing retail, art and craft activities, a gym especially for kids, climbing wall, and a soft play area.
- iPad for rental (IDR 300,000 per night)
- Apple TV for rental (IDR 200,000 per night)
- Child DVDs for rental.
- Game consoles.
- Kempinski Spa, a relaxing rooftop oasis with some great Javanese massages.
- Shopper’s paradise! With direct access to Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia Malls, you will be absolutely spoilt for choice. Watch out for luxury brands such as Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Valentino etc. that abound here.
- The hotel offers many dining options including Paulaner Brauhaus, Jakarta’s German-style microbrewery and Sky Pool Bar Café with breathtaking 360° city views.
- Centrally located in Jakarta’s business district with access to Grand Indonesia and Plaza Indonesia Shopping Malls.
- Soekarno-Hatta International Airport – 30 km.
- 289 rooms & suites
- 5 restaurants
- 3 bars
- Swimming pool
- Fitness centre
Mandy’s Tip: Don’t forget to check out Carniville at Grand Indonesia Mall with fun rides for kids, including a giant carousel and canoes that you can paddle around an indoor river. For a bird’s eye view of the city and sumptuous Australian cuisine, book an afternoon high tea, or romantic dinner for two at Salt Grill by Luke Mangan at the adjoining The Plaza on the 46th floor. Request a table near the window!