66 Allée des Marmousets Megeve France
I (and half the world I guess) thinks Megeve is one of France’s prettiest ski-towns. And Alpaga is definitely one of its finest family-friendly hotels. Think chalets, fur, wood, fireplaces, cashmere and the French Alps! And of course, there is no missing the hauntingly beautiful Mont Blanc (yes, it’s not just a brand charging a mountain, it is a real mountain) that looks straight into the hotel. While the kids are sorted with the kids’ club, parents never had it better with the opulent chalets, Michelin-starred dining, outdoor hot tubs and a world-renowned spa. Did I mention Hermes toiletries?
- Baby cot
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Baby bathtub
- Child menu
- Child cutlery
- Doctor on call 24-hours
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (€15/hour)
- Ask me how surprised I was to stumble into the SMALLable Kids’ Club, an absolute rarity in this part of the world! The kids’ club caters to children 3-12 years old and is open seven days a week at pretty much any time you want to use it. However, supervisors are there to watch over children only from 4-8 pm during school holiday season. It is a cheery space stocked with art supplies, games and toys. There is an adorable mini movie room for kids as well as X Box for the older lot.
- Kids can splash around in the spa pool from 10 am-4 pm.
- Skiing! Families can hit those ski slopes that Megeve is world famous for, with many activity options for kids and the non-skiiers. Complimentary shuttle for hotel guests to local ski slopes from 8 am-11 pm.
- Suites and chalets at the hotel come with full kitchens and are very family-friendly. The 1-bedroom suites have bunk beds in the living space. The chalets can easily sleep 8-12 people. Plus, all rooms come with a terrace or balcony for that gorgeous Alpine view and the uncannily close Mount Blanc.
- Children DVDs for rental.
- Dead from the skiing, veg out at the renowned La Colline Spa.
- Home to La Table de l’Alpaga, the hotel’s one Michelin-starred restaurant.
- An outdoor Scandinavian wooden hot tub staring right at Mont Blanc is something to be experienced.
- Distance to Megeve town centre is under 5 minutes by car (complimentary shuttle service).
- Distance to Geneva International airport is 87 km
- 27 rooms and suites
- 5 chalets
- 2 restaurants
- Indoor spa pool
Mandy’s Tip: All rooms (excluding chalets) are conveniently connected via underground tunnels to the reception building and restaurants, protecting guests from the cold and snow!