31, Avenue George V 75008 Paris
You thought you were ready for the good life? At the Four Seasons Hotel George V, it doesn’t get any better then this for junior either. At this kid-friendly Paris Hotel, think kiddy Bvlgari toiletries, specially crafted children’s menu and tableware at a Michelin-starred restaurant, sampling pastries while touring kitchens, visits to chocolate rooms, gawking at a spectacularly lit Eiffel tower from the room and sleeping just steps away from the famed Champs Elysees. One of Paris’ finest will do just fine for my little monsieurs – and their accompanying mommy and daddy.
- Baby cot
- Baby bathtub
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Child menu
- Child toiletries
- Child bathrobe and slippers
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services(approximately 30€/hr)
- A gorgeous swimming pool and Jacuzzi – luxuries that are hard to come by in Paris city-centre hotels.
- Upon check-in, children are invited to pick their own welcome gift from a toy trolley. The fun doesn’t stop there, for personalized edible treats, t-shirts, a welcome gift, a personalized welcome letter, animal shaped soaps, kiddie-sized bathrobes and child-friendly toiletries are waiting for them in their rooms.
- Colouring book, crayons and games provided for the younger ones.
- All children receive a personalized booklet looking to give them a taste of Parisian culture. Inside, they can find useful French vocabulary, French habits, recommendations for child-friendly activities within the hotel and around the city, and a whole lot more. The hotel is also more than happy to draft personalized kid-friendly and family-friendly itineraries for guests at the hotel, like a ‘create your own perfume’ workshop for a mother-daughter trip to Paris.
- Game consoles, including Wii and PlayStation are placed in the rooms for the older lot.
- The back-of-the-house tour where kids are taken through the kitchen and pastry departments (as well as flower department, if they so request) is not to be missed. At the pastry department, they can watch the chef preparing some delicious treats as well as taste them. A visit to the chocolate room is an absolute must. And if it is their lucky day, they might just be invited to master the art of madeleine making.These tours, typically under an hour, are complimentary for children staying in-house and must be booked in advance.
- The spa offers teenage girls an 80-minute package (249 €) named “My First Beauty Session” where they have their (hopefully first) make-up lesson for 50 minutes using a 100% natural make-up line. This is followed by a 30-minute manicure workshop and a complimentary gift bag.
- Luxurious Bvlgari toiletries for the youngest guests (and the adults, of course).
- Its enviable location (a couple of blocks from the famed Champs Elysees) makes it walking distance from Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Grand Palais and other family-friendly attractions. Some of the city’s most famous stores and restaurants are right around the corner.
- Child DVDs for rental
- Complimentary 2-hour floral arrangement class with world-renowned florist Jeff Letham. This class is held once every quarter and perfect for those who want to learn how to put together a bouquet from the world’s best.
- Complimentary cultural jogging tour of Paris with the hotel staff every Tuesday morning.
- Indulge in a complimentary one-hour cocktail course with the hotel’s head barman Grégory Hazac, held once a month.
- Once a month, the hotel hosts complimentary wine tasting with award-winning sommelier Eric Beaumard in its candlelit wine cellar, La Cave, which was built before the Second World War. Located 46 feet underground and boasting of more than 50,000 bottles, this legendary cellar is touted as one of the best in Paris.
- Those on their quest for Michelin-starred meals while in Paris will be thrilled to find that the hotel houses Le Cinq, a 2 Michelin-starred restaurant that serves seasonal haute cuisine and is often regarded as one of the best restaurants in the city.
- Mommies shall rejoice as the hotel sits smack in the middle of the famous Golden Triangle of Paris, the city’s most upscale shopping district. Think Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Dior, Hermès, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Givenchy, all a stone’s throw away.
- Famous hotel spa for the ultimate in pampering.
- Location second to none – just off Champs Elysees and within walking distance of Arc de Triomphe, Eiffel Tower, Grand Palais and a host of top tourist attractions
- CDG International Airport – 25 km
- 244 rooms & suites
- 2 restaurants
- 1 bar
- Fitness centre
- Swimming pool
Mandy’s Tip: An early introduction for your kids to the good life? Michelin-starred Le Cinq at the hotel is your place. The restaurant openly welcomes children, who can order from a rather elaborate children’s menu. To their delight, their food comes beautifully plated on special children’s Les Triples au George V china. And a colouring book is handed over to help kill time till their Michelin-meal arrives!
Travelling to Paris? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here
Travelling to Europe? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here