West Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi
Descriptions like ‘most expensive hotel ever built’, ‘hotel with the gold ATM machine’ or ‘the $11 million Christmas tree with diamond, gold and ruby ornaments stands here’ often over shadow how family-friendly this hotel in Abu Dhabi really is. Read on – camel rides, kids’ club, water slides, lazy river and kids’ spa are bound to become your bywords for this palatial visual extravaganza.
- Baby cot
- Baby bathtub
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Feeding bottles
- Child menu
- Child potty seat
- Diaper changing mat
- Baby thermometer
- Child toiletries
- Child bathrobe and slippers
- Socket covers
- Corner protectors
- Humidifier/de-humidifier/air purifier
- Toys/gift in room on arrival
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (AED 50/hr)
- Child DVDs for rental
- Play Stations and table games are available in the rooms on request.
- Two temperature controlled swimming pools for hours of splashing good times.
Cascade Adventure Pool features a lazy river, waterfalls, two water slides and an activities area.
The quieter Las Brisas Leisure Pool, on the other hand, features a Jacuzzi, three bubble pools and a swim-up pool bar for adults.
- The kids (and you) will love the complimentary camel rides along the beach. Before the ride, guests are whisked away to a Bedouin tent, sat on floor cushions and served local dates and Arabic tea/coffee.
- The kids’ club at the hotel is called Sarab Land (10 am – 6 pm) and caters to children aged 5 to 12-years-old. Needless to say, children under 5 must be accompanied by an adult.
Children can choose from a wide list of indoor and outdoor kid-friendly activities like arts and crafts, games, puzzles, dancing, henna, bird watching, tennis, football, basketball and table tennis.
The older lot will find solace in movies, Play Station and Wii.
An outdoor playground provides the little muscles all the movement they need.
- An array of motorized and age appropriate water sports like wakeboarding, waterskiing, mono-skiing and inflatable rides are available. These are chargeable.
- An array of non-motorized and age appropriate water sports like windsurfing, sailing, kayaking and paddle boarding are available. These are complimentary.
- Dolphin watch, sunset cruise and corniche cruise are some fun ways for the family to spend together.
- Kid-friendly services at the beauty salon for boys and girls 7 years and over, including:
- Nail Polishing
- Hair Styling
- Hair Cut
- The Spa offers the following treatments for kids:
- Head and Shoulder Massage
- Facial with Mom
- Footsie Revitalizer
- Princess Scrub
- Breakfast is complimentary for children under 6 years. Children between 6 and 12 years receive a 50% discount.
Children up to 6 years can choose from the children’s menu free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult. Children between 6 and 12 years can choose from the children menu at the indicated prices or receive a 50% discount on a la carte food items, which would then be served as a smaller dish.
- Children under 6 years are provided baby cots or extra beds free of charge.
Children between 6 and 12 years receive a 50% discount on the extra bed charge.
- Bicycles for rent.
- Cricket pitch, foosball, basketball courts, volleyball courts, pool table and table tennis for sport enthusiasts.
- Underwater sculpture garden with sunken figures of elephants, mermaids, horses and giraffes to snorkel through with the family.
- Walk, cycle or jog with the family on the 6 km of trails within the resort.
- Hours of fun in the sun and sand on the 1.3 km long private beach.
- If you had ever dreamt of having 24 carat gold sheets massaged into your skin, a 24 carat gold facial or being massaged with a gold or diamond oil, don’t miss your chance at the spa at The Emirates Palace.
- 14 restaurants and bars to choose from, including a branch of Hakkasan, the world-renowned Michelin-starred, modern Cantonese restaurant. This is also one of the few places where you sink your teeth into scrumptious camel burgers (garnished with nothing less than 24 carat gold dust) or a Camelchino (cappuccino made from camel milk, in case you were wondering).
- Every room comes with a 24-hours personal butler service, for the ultimate pampering.
- Kick back at Etoiles at the hotel which turns into a nightclub after dinnertime and is hailed as one of the best in the city.
- Beachfront property
- Private beach
- Abu Dhabi International Airport – 35 km
- 394 rooms & suites
- 9 restaurants
- 5 bars
- 2 swimming pools
- Fitness Centre
- Tennis Courts
- Private Marina
Mandy’s Tip:Don’t even think about leaving this hotel without eating gold – this might very well be your only chance in life! You can choose from 24K gold sweet potato fries, 24K gold Cappuccino, cakes dusted with edible gold and the famous gold camel burger sprinkled with 24K gold dust.