Station 1, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan, Philippines
Boracay beckoning? Yes, the journey may be long, but then how often do you get to stay on the best beach in the world? In case you’re wondering, it’s the White Beach I’m talking about. And yes, it is often hailed as the world’s best beach. Powder white sand, clear Tiffany blue water and snorkeling for the kids – right off the beach! This family-friendly resort, sitting pretty in the not-so-hectic part of Boracay, is worth the trek, just for the beach itself. Everything else that comes with it is a bonus!
- Baby cot
- Bottle warmer
- Bottle sterilizer
- Baby bath tub
- Child menus
- High chairs
- Gift in room on arrival
- Doctor on call 24-hours
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (Php500.00 child/hour)
- Child DVDs for rental.
- The Sandbox Playroom, a small child-friendly playroom, is equipped with several toys, Lego, rides, books, DVD’s and gaming equipment. It is worth noting that the room is opens at 6 am, all the way up until midnight. However, activities for kids are organized only at 4 pm and are usually held near the pool/open deck areas. About 2-3 activities are put together every day that include painting, treasure hunts, pizza making, donut and cupcake decorating and more.
- Beachfront property gives guests access to one of the most gorgeous beaches in the world, so prepare for lots of fun in the sun.
- A large pool, flanked by a Jacuzzi and a shallow kiddie pool section. Beach toys and pool floats are provided.
- Complimentary ice cream /snacks by the poolside, all day.
- Child menus are extensive with good-sized portions. Kids of all ages are charged. Food, in general, is average.
- The hotel runs a free two-way shuttle service to town and the other stations, should you wish to step out for some shopping or dining. The shuttle has no set timings and can drop you off whenever you like. This also means that they are a phone call away should junior want to make his way back to the pool sooner!
- Unlimited complimentary mineral water and pandan flavored water jugs delivered to your room through your stay. A welcome supply of iced jugs of lemon or fruit water and cool towels at the beach too.
- Complimentary foot wash and massage on arrival. A short 10 minutes only, but such a lovely little add on!
- Complimentary Filipino snacks delivered to your room or beach through the day.
- Snorkeling just off the beach is very popular. In fact, you don’t even need to go into the water to spot fish, which is such a hit with the younger lot.
- Island hopping and diving trips can be arranged at an extra cost at the concierge.
- Larger suites designed for larger families/nannies to stay together.
- Complimentary beach bag with sunscreen and mosquito repellant.
- Chilled Evian water sprays, cucumber slices to destress those eyes (both complimentary) and a generously long happy hour overlooking gorgeous sunsets on the beach, makes this kid-friendly resort as much fun for the parents, as for the kids!
- Award winning spa.
- Beachfront property
- If you’re coming via Caticlan Airport (Caticlan Airport is a 35-minute flight from Manila), it is a 20-minute boat ride and a 10-minute private van ride to the hotel.
- From Kalibo International Airport (KLO) it’s a 1.5-hour van ride to Caticlan followed by the boat and van ride. Highly recommend booking your entire transfer with the hotel as local transportation in the Philippines is over crowded and extremely unpredictable.
- 87 rooms & suites
- 4 restaurants
- 2 bars
- 2 pools
Mandy’s Tip: Get a ground floor room if you are travelling with babies/toddler as there are several steps and elevators at higher levels to cruise. The food is average but the fantastic service makes up for it.
Travelling mom Natasha Tulsi contributed parts of this review.