Brook Street, Mayfair, London W1K 4HR
You know a hotel looks after its little guests well when royalty decides to have their little ones there. Yes, family-friendly Hotel Claridge’s is where Crown Prince Alexander II was born. On the other hand, when your fellow guests include Aristotle, Winston Churchill, Audrey Hepburn, Alfred Hitchcock, late King Hassan of Morocco and Mick Jagger, you know the hotel couldn’t be all that bad for the adults either…..
- Baby cot
- Baby bathtub
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Baby monitor
- Diaper changing mat and bin
- Prams on hire
- Child menu
- Booster seats
- Child bathrobe and slippers
- Child toiletries
- Socket covers
- Toys/gift in room on arrival
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (£60 for the first 4 hours; every additional hour is £8)
- Children DVDs with a bag of popcorn for a true movie experience.
- Amenities for the little ones include a hip travel satchel with games, Magic Flyers (colorful paper butterflies that take flight when their wings are wound up), a box of Claridge’s pencils and a mini version of Claridge’s signature umbrella. There is also a “Dress Me Up” paper doll with fashionable accessories and a “Make Your Own Hotel” book, which encourages children to imagine Claridge’s and design the hotel through their own eyes, complete with a piano, dressing table and a Claridge’s Doorman.Inside the bag can also be found a Claridge’s Passport where kids can check off each memorable Claridge’s adventure, including riding on Mivart, the rocking-zebra.
- Nintendo and Wii for the older lot.
- At Claridge’s, children are not left out of the tradition of the country’s famous afternoon teas. Claridge’s famous foyer happily hosts 5-10 year olds with their very own afternoon tea menu (which also doubles up as a colouring book; £25/child) that features some kiddie favourites like fairy cakes.
- Turndown service for kids includes homemade cookies and hot milk.
- Complimentary comics and magazines for children delivered to the room with the morning newspaper. These are age and gender specific, from a selection that the child has requested.
- Picnic baskets on request.
- Hyde Park and Green Park are within a short stroll, which is a big boon for families that like to run around, play a sport or just picnic on the greens. Toy mecca Hamleys is just a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
- Michelin-starred restaurant Fera serving modern British cuisine.
- Many of the city’s famed restaurants like Nobu and Hakkasan are a short walk from the hotel.
- Those who like their labels will love the fact that Claridge’s is minutes away from luxury shopping streets like Bond Street and Oxford Street. Theaters, art galleries and many central London landmarks.
- In-room spa treatments can be arranged for parents who cannot leave their tots.
- Claridge’s Masterclasses like Sunday Roast, Afternoon Tea, British Pudding and Carving are organized for those who want to master some typical British traditions. The classes are priced at £225/person and end with lunch or afternoon tea.
- Heathrow Airport – 25 km.
- Located in Mayfair – London’s most sought after address.
- 203 rooms & suites
- 2 restaurants
- 1 bar
- Health Club
Travelling to London? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here
Travelling to Europe? Check out our other fabulous kid-friendly hotels here