Jalan Teluk Berembang,Laguna Bintan Resort, Lagoi 29155,Bintan Resorts, Indonesia
Whilst in Singapore, you can take the kids to the airport to get to another country or you could just take them to Bintan island, which is in a different country (Indonesia) – they both take 45 minutes! Banyan Tree is the island’s most luxurious and only all-villa resort. Between the pool villas, its unique rock edge-pool, little buggies ferrying its guests up and down the hillside and all the family-friendly facilities of the neighbouring Angsana to be enjoyed, we were very happy being only 45-minutes away!
- Baby cot.
- Bottle sterilizer.
- Child toiletries.
- High chair.
- Child menu.
- Babysitting services ($14/hr; $19/hr from 5 pm-10 pm).
- Each Banyan Tree villa had a private pool – a big hit with the kids!
- Beachfront resort so be ready for lots of fun in the sun! Personally, the kids and I preferred the Angsana beach, but really that too is right there.
- The Angsana, a 2-minute walk or buggy ride away has a designated pool for children, which Banyan Tree guests are free to use. The Banyan Tree also has a its own rock-edge pool for the exclusive use of its guests.
- My adrenaline junkies just loved sitting the ATV bikes with their dad and zipping through the jungle.
- The marine centre can also organize a round of fishing or two on traditional sampans for the family. Later, have the chefs at the resort whip up a meal with your catch of the day!
- Set on a jungle trail with experts from the resort and watch the little ones jump with glee as they get up close and personal with garden snakes, squirrels, monitor lizards and monkeys.
- The resort will happily organize a cruise to Bintan’s mangrove forests to spot animals as well the indigenous folks that inhabit these forests. Nightly firefly tour, with millions of fireflies had my kids spellbound and is an absolute miss-me-no
- The Kids’ Club (located at Angsana) offers a bunch of entertaining activities like Riau dancing, cap and t-shirt painting, puppet show, baking, sand painting, castle building and treasure hunts.
The kids’ club is also equipped with toys, games, books, art and craft materiel as well as cartoons to keep the resort’s youngest guests busy for hours.
- Kid loved the 45-minute ferry ride from Singapore, which really is the quickest and easiest way to get to Bintan Island.
- Enjoy a fun evening with the family at an in-villa barbeque organized by the resort.
- Once the little ones are safely tucked in bed, slip out to enjoy destination dining. A bed on the beach, a candle-lit table on the rocks, the signature 8th hole of a golf course or in an actual fishing boat parked on the sand – with a personal chef and server. Better yet, soak in a massage in a private cabana on the beach before savoring a sumptuous meal.
- Stunning 18-hole golf course designed by Greg Norman.
- Iconic Banyan Tree Spa.
- Beachfront resort with a private beach
- 45 minutes ferry ride from Singapore
- 10 minutes from ferry terminal
- Private beach
- 64 pool villas
- 3 restaurants
- 1 bar
- Swimming pool
Mandy’s Tip: The neighbouring Angsana Resort is only a short two minute walk or buggy ride away, giving guests at Banyan Tree access to Angsana’s facilities as well. Literally 2 for 1!