Jl. Karang Mas Sejahtera, Jimbaran, Badung,Bali 80364, Indonesia
Between the petting zoo, perfumery where they concocted their own chocolate smelling perfumes, 11 swimming pools, 3 water slides and 2 kids’ club to choose from (guests can use all facilities at the neighbouring boutique resort Rimba) at this super luxe cliff-side family-friendly resort, the cherubs were in a constant state of confusion as to where to run to next! We, fortunately, had the world-famous rock bar to drink it all down. Settled.
- Baby cot
- Baby bathtub
- Bottle sterilizer
- Bottle warmer
- Child toiletries
- Child bathrobe and slippers
- Child menu
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services (Rp 75,000/child/hr).
- Children DVDs for rental.
- Children’s pool with two fun water slides.
- My little scientists! L’Atelier Parfums & Creations studio at Ayana offers a one-of-a-kind workshop for your little scientists to concoct their own scent from scratch, using essences found in Indonesia. Children smell and identify some fun scents like bubble-gum, strawberry and chocolate. They then pick their favorite and write the formula to create their own perfume. Add glitter for that extra dash of excitement. What’s more – they name their creation and take it home with a diploma home (1 hour workshop including 30ml bottle is US$35).
- The newly renovated kids’ club (9 am – 5 pm) comes with a trampoline, toys, foosball, television, X-Box, Wii, table tennis, sand pit, swing set and slide.
The kids’ club offers different activities for the Rai (kids aged 2-4) and the Raka (kids aged 5 and above). Some of these include Balinese dance, traditional games, ceramics painting,cooking classes, yoga for kids, science demonstrations and ceramics factory visits.
A children’s tour of the resort’s frangipani garden on a golf buggy includes them planting a sapling, named after them. To top it all, the staff photographs the planting and sends regular updates to the children on the growth of their tree.
The highlight of the kids’ club, however, is its petting zoo. Every Saturday, the club takes the children there and provides the feed for the adorable ducks, puppies, rabbits, hamsters, birds, chickens and a lamb housed in the zoo.
Note: I love the fact that guests can choose between 2 kids’ club, as the Rimba has a kids’ club of its own. and offers a completely different set of activities from that at Ayana, so that children can opt for a different set of experiences each day. Activities on offer at Rimba include making your own pizza, picture taking, kite making and flying, rock climbing, glitter art, balloon creations, pool parties and more.
- Have the hotel pack a picnic hamper and spend the day lolling with the family on the Ayana’s private beach (though one must be warned that it is 197 steps down to Ayana’s private Kubu beach). But totally worth it! Fortunately, there is also a complimentary resort shuttle to Kubu Beach.
- L’Atelier Parfums & Creations studio gives adults the chance to create their own massage oil and perfume customized to their personality type, which is determined after a series of questions. Once you create your favourite blend (there are 45 essences to choose from including frangipani, vanilla and clove), one portion is used to create your massage oil and the other a perfume that you can take home, along with a LÁtelier Diploma Certificate (30 minutes workshop including 30ml bottle is US$45).
- Golf buffs can work on their game at the 18-hole putting course.
- Shed some of the excess holiday weight on the jogging and cycling track that runs through the hotel.
- The resort spa boasts the world’s largest Aquatonic pool to provide thalassotherapy treatments using mineral-rich salt water from the underlying Indian Ocean. Further, expect nothing less than fruit baths containing whole oranges, apples, lemons and fresh mint, facials using diamond dust, baths using ocean water and petals from 500 red roses and volcanic earth body wraps.
- Food market tours followed by cooking classes for adults.
- Adult-oriented activities like yoga classes, nature walks, cycling tours, Balinese dance and Balinese offering demonstrations.
- Looking to rekindle the love while the kids sweat it out at the kids’ club? Ayana provides the only horse-and-carriage service in Bali, where two stunning white horses take you through the resort’s tropical gardens.
- After the kids hit the bed, let Ayana organize destination dining for the parents at spectacular locations like private jetties extending 30 meters out to sea or secret gardens perched on a cliff-edge, accompanied by private butlers, live entertainment and five-course menus.
- Get “on the rocks”, quite literally, at Ayana’s open-top Rock Bar, perched on natural rock 14 meters above Jimbaran Bay. Hailed by many as one of the best bars, in both Bali and the world, it can get very busy, especially at sunset time. Fortunately, as in-house guests of Ayana, you get priority access at the inclinator that traverses the cliff face and is the only way to get up. You also enjoy priority seating. Don’t for get to try their signature drinks like Rock My World and The Rock Stars.
- Complimentary shuttle bus to the tourist town of Kuta thrice a day.
- Beachfront property
- Private beach
- Ngurah Rai International Airport – 10 km
- 290 rooms
- 78 private pool villas
- 9 restaurants
- 2 Bars
- 5 swimming pools
- Golf Putting Course
- 3 tennis courts
- Beauty Salon
Mandy’s Tip:Staying at the Ayana gives you complete access to all dining and recreation at its sister resort, the neighbouring Rimba, which is also very child-friendly. Remember, I am talking a total of 12 restaurants, 3 bars, 11 swimming pools, 3 water slides, 2 spas and 2 fitness centres – all accessible by resort shuttle every 15 minutes. Hard to beat!