Circuit House Road, Jodhpur, Rajasthan
I lost all the men in my family (the young and the not so young) to a fleet of parked vintage cars as soon as I walked in! Yes, this was going to be different. Arched windows, carved balconies, domes, turbaned butlers, women in veils, antiques and photographs from royal family archives – how easy it is to feel like royalty when you stay at the former residence of the royal family! Do you agree Mr. Calvin Klein?
- Baby cot
- Doctor on call
- Interconnecting rooms
- Babysitting services
- Vintage car collection owned by the hotel. City tours in the cars (for a charge) with a private butler seated by your side – a must do!
- We tried ‘glamping’ – glamorous camping, in case you’re wondering – within the hotel. We found the tents quite dated and the lighting and air conditioning wasn’t quite effective. The ethnic Rajasthani furnishings and the ambiance, however, were great. A green patch in front of the tents gives the kids space to run amok. Guests can opt to stay in regular rooms too.
- A large swimming pool with tiny waterfalls.
- Indulge in open-air dining at the Garden Restaurant, accompanied by a local folk music group and dancers. Our kids were invited to dance with them and my daughter was taught how to do these amazing spins. The kids loved that they were involved!
- Lots of outdoor space to explore within the hotel grounds. We loved just walking and exploring with the kids and never realized we were in the center of a busy town.
- The downtown area has a great market for tourists with all sorts of handicrafts. We enjoyed shopping in shops that make textiles for Hermes and other high-end designers (or so they claimed!). There is also a great market to walk through in the evening and the children loved all the activity after dark.
- The hotel can organize some exciting excursions like dessert safaris or village safaris that the entire family will love.
- The Ajit Spa for some adult unwinding.
- Jodhpur Airport – 2.5 km
- 69 Rooms
- 3 Restaurants
- 1 Bar
- Swimming pool
- Fitness Centre
Mandy’s Tip: Great service with lots of personal attention. On our last morning the staff insisted on making boxed lunches for the kids to carry. They slipped in many fruits that the kids liked and lots of cakes. Clearly, they had paid close attention to what my little ones had been eating (or they were very good guessers!).
Travelling mum Lisa Harris contributed parts of this review.